Monday, February 16, 2009

VirtualCenter LogFiles

Recently I noticed that my VirtualCenter Server, which is virtualized was running out of space on the C:\. I thought, hmmm, what is this. So I looked into it and found that the VirtualCenter Logfiles were starting to build and starting to take up some space. Since I also installed Update Manager on that same virtual machine I had a 25GB D:\ that was only using about 18GB of space, I decided to use the D:\ for logfiles. How did I do it - I searched google and came up with the following, which is from VMWARE WOLF.

Edit “vpxd.cfg”. It’s located here: %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\.
Add the following lines in the “<config>” section and change the path accordingly:
<log>
<directory>c:\VC_Logs</directory>
</log>


Props:

http://www.vmwarewolf.com/which-virtual-center-log-file/

No comments:

Post a Comment