Monday, February 16, 2009

ESX Hardware Troubleshooting -
Think you're having a hardware issue, but just can't seem to prove it to the Hardware tech over the phone? I've noticed that hardware techs usually ask what OS you're running on it and when you say ESX or Hyper-V they're usually at a loss as to what to do in order to successfully determine what is causing the issue. And since they're the hardware vendor they usually look for the least expensive way out, which usually is - sorry but it appears to be an OS misconfiguration.

The answer to this is some sort of Linux Live CD. Boot to it and run diags or test things out. I didn't think of this on my own, i rarely think of things on my own, we've got google for things like that. SO - I looked into my magic google ball and it found me the following link
http://www.vmwareinfo.com/2008/12/great-vmware-troubleshooting-tip.html
- Because I just wasn't well rounded enough to think of it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment